Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is watching the Olympics? I love them. Individual competitors busting their a$$ for just a medal. Never been a fan of team sports, where you can have an off day, and the team covers for you. Individual competitors can blame nobody but themselves if they fail. True sports IMHO. ;D

·
Registered
734 Posts
I do not like that they let professional players in the Olympics.The whole thing should be for non professional players.That is a good platform for them to go pro_Other than that I watch mostly for the crashes.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't care for the pro's in their either. The true amatures, are what I like to watch.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Been watching as much as I can unless I fall asleep like I did twice today. Oh the joys of a quiet house with no wife and kids around. Better get what i can in in the next 2 days before they return.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Been watching a little of them. I like the skiing and the sledding. Stuff you don't get to see a lot of. One thing that I bet it hard as heck to do, the biatholon. Cross country skiing with shooting. Heck I'd fall off the skis and bend a barrel.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll bet the liberal media won't show any of the shooting events.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
I watched the nordic events yesterday. They showed the shooting stuff.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I watched the nordic events yesterday. They showed the shooting stuff.
Holy Crap!! :eek: :eek: Whats going on? The media turning around? Its been a talking point with the NRA for several years that none of the shooting sports are ever televised. ???

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Yet they had them high dollor .22 plinking away. I think it would be fun to try. Its the summer games they don't show most of the shooting events and when they do its mainly highlights.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm more interested in the men's hockey competition, and it started today. Team USA started off well with a 3-1 win over the Swiss. I'll be following that over the next couple weeks.

As far as the other events go, I enjoy watching the moguls and speed skating. Those are pretty intense.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Curling is my sport.( I had to watch CNBC for the Curling )..but the excitement is so intense that I have to just go outside at times just to calm down...Thank God for the 5 minute commericials, at least we can use that time to just regain our normal breathing and settle back down in our chair before the excitement begins again... ;D ;D

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Been without a tv in the den since the icestorm, so today I bought a cheap used 32" till the big screen gets out of the shop. Curling was on and it felt sooo good to watch tv in the den again. Spent an hour & 1/2 watching curling!!!!

BTW, the US curling men suck! ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.