Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I processed one deer myself and really enjoyed. I think that will be what I do for myself the majority of the time. I did want to ask for some friends that are deer hunting for the first time this year, outside of Terry's Taxidermy are there any good processors that you've used west of OKC? I had a deer processed at Sallee in Guthrie and they were great just a little bit of a drive.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
I do it all at my house. There is a meat market/ butcher shop I've gotten briskest from. They do deer.
Rodgers meat market
1925 SE 29th St
Oklahoma City, OK 73129-7625
United States
+1 (405) 677-2306

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I use Larrys in Union City. Bull when did Rodgers start doing deer again? Thought they quit years ago.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
Provided it's the same place I was at getting briskest (back in May) they had a big sign saying deer and hog processing. Was based on game weight if I recall.

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
I'm probably too far north for your liking, but Tonkawa meat processing does a great job, and uses vacuum packaging. The meat won't freezer burn for well over a year.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Bull, I have to do a recon run when i go back to work Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
I processes all my own stuff and vacuum seal it all. They had beef brisket dirt cheap and I needed 40# for the grill and smoker. They also had great sausages.

·
Administrator
13,918 Posts
I processes all my own stuff and vacuum seal it all. They had beef brisket dirt cheap and I needed 40# for the grill and smoker. They also had great sausages.
Brisket cheap? Its $4.40 per pound, packer trimmed around here. I quit buying it because half of it is fat, so that makes it higher than ribeye.

The buck ninety eight a pound is history.

·
Super Moderator
10,833 Posts
If I recall I got 2 at just under #20 each for under $100. That was weight after trimming at my request.

They had a good deal on corned beef at the time as well. I wished I'd picked some of that up as well.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I drive an hour to Sallee in Guthrie. I used him for the first time last year. I was so impressed, I will go back for sure.

Dennis, I haven't used the one in Tonkawa before. Do you ever go to Dewayne's over by Blackwell? I used him for YEARS. He got a little steep in price over the years in my opinion though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts