Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey has any one had any luck or used any of the Oklahoma wildlife biologists, and land management resources...if so I'm curious how they have worked to enhance your property. also has any one used the state equipment rental program????

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I've had a biologist come to the farm. I called and asked him to visit next time
he Was in the area. I was courious if I would be eligible for a quail incentive program. I wasn't, but we talked at length about wildlife habitat, etc. He liked what I was already doing.

I haven't used any of the rental equipment. Sometimes the county NRCS office, will have equipment to loan. Kay county has a no-till drill for example.

·
Registered
840 Posts
You can call the ODWC with any questions you have, and they'll put you in touch with who you need to speak to personally. Next weekend at the Wildlife Expo in Guthrie would be a great place to find out lots of info from many biologists in one single place.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I normally work the Wildlife Expo, but I won't be able to this year. It's the same weekend as another field trip I have at Robbers Cave. What kind of biologist are you specifically wanting? Deer, quail?

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Won't make the expo this year either. :'(
Be working all weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hogs, Whitetail, Waterfowl, and varmints.....to be honest anyone of them would be great but the main focus is the whitetails.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Check the link (http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/wildlifemgmt/wildlifehabitat.htm) for the WHIP (Wildlife Habitat Improvement Program). They will offer to help pay for habitat improvement up to $2500 per year, but it is a term contract of 10 years. But they do help with seeding, cost of operating machinery for tilling, bulldozing, buildling brush piles, etc. There is also a Federal program very similar that will piggy-back the WHIP, giving you $5000 per year for habitat improvement projects. You may also contact Ducks Unlimited about the waterfowl, and see what programs they can offer or suggest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts