Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first taste of the OK Wildlife Expo today, it was a fun madhouse! I am helping with the Gooserbat Game Calls booth in the outdoor marketplace and we sold a ton of youth calls today!
I'll be there tomorrow, so if anyone is there, stop by and say hi!!

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
I'll be headed to the Expo in a few minutes. Kids a chomping at the bit to leave. Waiten on a women you could say.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I love going to the expo, but my grandkids are in Dallas, so I've gone by myself for a couple of years.
Met some of the people that I've talked to on the net, and met some new friends.

BTW, Jackburn, do you know Tommy Leach? I'm pretty sure he is doing the selfbow exibit. He makes some amazing bows. ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
I could hear kids all over the place playing with some sort of duck sounding call. What booth were you at. Will likely be going back tomorrow as well. Maybe I ran into you and didn't know it. I had on a black HEVI-Shot T-shirt, Stetson straw cowboy hat. Had my 3 kids, wife plus her new puppy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dennis, I don't know him, but I saw kids with selfbows and I was talking to a guy involved with the Bowhunting Council and he said good things about the selfbow exhibit. I was tied up to our booth pretty hard, we sold a bunch of mouth calls!
Bull- I was at the Gooserbat Game Calls booth in the outdoor marketplace. The owner, Sam Pharr, will be there, but I will not be working today.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
I stopped by that booth yesterday while their. Talked to the guy about the Taxidermy and some calls.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Well my 2 boys and I went back to the Expo for a few hours. Hit the shooting stuff up hard. I wanna get me a traditional bow as I was doing really well with the re curves and enjoy that skill shooting. Boys loved shooting them as well. Also hit the trap range. I went 4/5 with them .410 pumps. I'm such a proud poppa as my 7 year old hit his first clay bird on his first shot and shot just right on the other 4. He has only shot my .12g before but not at anything moving.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Sweet! I didn't know they had .410's.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
That's all that had for shooters to use was .410 at the shot gun range. My kids also loved the pellet gun range. My daughter bragged about how she got 9/12 so the old man showed here up with a 12/12.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Your suppose to let them win every now & then Bull. Meany ;D J/K.
Good to hear y'all had a good time.
I got to make it to one one of these years.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
You gotta stop by my place for a change when your up this way.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I know. It only took around 3 years to visit Bird for the 1st time. ??? ::)
Just got to do it & stop waving it off.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Gonna hold you too it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts