Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the Range comittee at the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club. We had our first NRA sponsored Women on Target activity Saturday. 35 Women only so that they could all have equal range time on each station. The stations were .22 rimfire revolver single action, .22 rimfire revolver double action, .22 rimfire semi-auto. This was my station. Next rotation was center fire pistol. They got to shoot 9mm semi, and .45 colt revolver. Next station was small bore rifle at 50 meters. The next station was shotgun, where two Okla Game Rangers and a club member had 20 ga shotguns for clay birds. The last and final station was centerfire rifle. The women got to shoot bolt guns, and a variety of rifles in the AR platform. Dessert was a chance to shoot the .50 BMG Barrett on the 100yd range. A few of the ladies took the challenge. Yep it hurts a little, but for what-ever reason, they all had the biggest grin after the shot went off. It was a scorcher with the temps in the shade a 105 degrees, but we supplied lots of water, and cooling scarves.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
What a deal for all of you, heck I'd put on a dress to get a chance to shoot a 50BMG!!!!
Glad the program was a success and it had to be fun for all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts