Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two big 'quakes and no new topics????????????

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
when did this happen???? I haven't heard about it????

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
My house was swaying. That was scarier than a tornado. At least I can see those. 2 of my racks fell off the wall. Luckily they didn't break. Just dinged up my cabinet.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Woke my wife up, but I slept through my first quake.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone heard from OKHerp? He lives pretty close to the epicenter. Shawnee had some damage, the steeple fell off of the St Gregory's tower and WalMart had stuff in the isles. Cowtown had a ruptured gas line and literally blew up this morning and was still on fire this evening when I came home. Freinds in Prague said that some of the roads buckled and a few sink holes. Power line poles were leaning waaaay over. Son in laws dads house had every window broken out. Oh and hang on for the tonadoes tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I talked to him lastnight. Said he had some small cracks in the walls and sagging floor

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
9:05pm tonight, I just experienced my first quake. Heard a boooom between thunder, and the house started creaking.
I know this is probably anal, but my first thought was about all of the nails coming loose In the house.

·
Registered
840 Posts
This is pretty neat, but at the same time getting ridiculous! I don't know how much more of a beating my house can take. Insurance needs to hurry up and help us get our roof redone before more damage is done. We need to redo our floor too!

As far as damage elsewhere, one of my students told me that last night's quake left a large crack across his road. He lives somewhere around McLoud.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I live here in Lawton and I slept throught the one on Saturday night but I felt the one last night.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
I didn't feel the one Friday as I was on my way to Wichita, KS. I was on the phone with my mom when the one Saturday night hit. I was in Wichita and felt it good. I was in the middle of skinning a bobcat (thanks Dennis) when the one hit last night. In my life I have felt 7 quakes and been past out drunk (young sailor back then) for 2 more. I get a rush out of them. Lucky no damage here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts