Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son got a huge doe lastnight At 1845. 98 yards with the 6.8 Tookd me til around 2300 before we finished up with her. Plus we got stuck. Will post a pic when I get home. Sitting in blind looking for big daddy now.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Congrats to your son! Hope you got pics of the truck buried. :D
We have all been there, and it's not fun.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Congrats to your boy and you.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No buck yet. I did spank a coyote with mange. Looked like a Chupacabra. Nastiest song dog I ever saw. Will post pic when I get home. He ran off and made the mistake of stopping and sticking his head up to look at us. I made a sweet 150yd off hand shot.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Nice going on the doe and the 'yote.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres my Chupacabra, and a pic of how bad I was stuck. The F250 wouldnt budge it. Had to get the big tractor. Heck of a time for the 4x4 to go out in the truck.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My son got his first taste of Buck Fever and liked it. Last year it all happened so quick with the buck and doe he didnt have time to get nervous. This time we got to watch them awhile. I could hear him breathing and was talking him through it to calm him down. I guess it worked, he made the 98 yard shot.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Congrats to your son. I know you are one proud father.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Now that's stuck!
That is one ugly yote.
Speaking of youth gun season, I'm in my bow stand for the first time. About 20 minutes ago, two kids in full camo, including face masks, carrying rifles walked by on the neighbors. Gave them the "bob white" whistle to let them know I was here. Scared the crap out if them. :D
It could be an expensive day if a GW spots them.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Congrates to your son on a good doe.
That yote need to be shot...Looked like it had manage - grubby.
That had to suck being that stuck.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
A nice doe and bad dog and a barried truck. You had an interesting day.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know that's right. The 4 wheel drive was broke or it would have never happened

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Congrats to your son! If he is like my son he will never let you forget getting stuck.
My son used to chew my butt out when he was a kid, but guess what. He bought a 4WD, and I had to go pull him out of some impossible places. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts