Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a little long at 48 minutes, but the first 20 minutes or so cover most of the bills.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Don’t agree at all with giving back felons their guns. But you know why too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Smokewagon, even for non violent felonies like check fraud? I admit I had to do some Google searches but here's what I found. Nonviolent felonies do not involve the use or threat of any force, which means that they do not usually result in physical injury to another individual. In other words, they can often be considered “victimless crimes.” Most nonviolent crimes involve some variety of property damage, such as larceny or theft.
How long does a nonviolent felony stay on your record?
Non-violent felony: 5 years after conviction, completion of any sentence of incarceration, or end of supervision (whichever is later in time).
This last one is intriguing. Seems they could get a firearm after the 5 years from conviction so why not let them wait? I'm more inline that if the crime didn't involve a firearm then why should they be banned from having one.

·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don’t agree at all with giving back felons their guns. But you know why too.

The proposed law that has not found its way through the legislature yet is very specific that if non violent felons are given their rights back, they cannot own a semi auto weapon of any kind. They can only possess firearms like revolvers or single shot firearms.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Don’t care if it’s non violent or not. No guns for felons and no guns for potheads.

·
Super Moderator
10,532 Posts
I deal with convicted felons everyday from the most violent to the sissiest of the non violent. Over the last 5 years of doing this job I’ve had these discussions with them. The one thing they all have in common is they will get a gun regardless if and when they are released back into society. Many have said they couldn’t legally have one when they got busted anyway. Most can’t wait to go back to the lifestyle that landed them in prison in the first place. Yes some felons did time many years ago and are now upstanding citizens. Good for them! The fact still remains they are a registered felon.

I’m with Smoke in that I don’t think they need them back. You can have a bow and a muzzle loader as a felon currently.

·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to Federal law, a convicted felon can own a muzzleloader.
Oklahoma goes a step further, by not allowing felons to own a MZ.
Had to look that up recently for a person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts