Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
I enjoyed another evening of dove shooting this week. Beautiful weather made for some neat video. I'll post it once I get it edited. Here's some screen captures to wet your whistle while you wait.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
You really have a talent for taking pics that capture to moment.

Reactions: Kelulu

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
You really have a talent for taking pics that capture to moment.
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. I certainly see a poetry in the moments I spend afield. In my work life I see a lot of ugliness and it helps me to seek out the beauty in my hobbies. Capturing that beauty and sharing it with others gives me great pleasure. Jealousy, lack of understanding and spite often lead to unkind comments so it is really nice when somebody appreciates what I do.

Again, thank you.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Be sure and get the body county posted in the contest. We need the points!

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. I certainly see a poetry in the moments I spend afield. In my work life I see a lot of ugliness and it helps me to seek out the beauty in my hobbies. Capturing that beauty and sharing it with others gives me great pleasure. Jealousy, lack of understanding and spite often lead to unkind comments so it is really nice when somebody appreciates what I do.

Again, thank you.
Oh I’m the same way with my job as well. I’ve had to walk a fine line a few times of walking away or use of force.
My trips afield help me unwind and let all that work stuff go.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Bedrock Road surface Twig Asphalt Wood

I've been out among 'em quite a bit the last two weeks. I'm finding some coveys. Their numbers are strong (as they should be this time of year) with some of them still having young birds not fully fledged. The covey that made these tracks had about 15 birds some mature some not. They were in an area that completely burned a couple years ago. The ragweed has come back really thick there and that, along with plenty of moisture for cover growth this summer, seems to be a good recipe for this year's quail crop. I'm loathe to predict a real boom year but I'm certainly satisfied that there will be plenty of birds to hunt this fall.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Hoping the roadside count for October shows a strong increase in bird numbers.

Reactions: diggler1833

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Hoping the roadside count for October shows a strong increase in bird numbers.
August showed a slight increase in the panhandle from last year. I'm hopeful there are pockets where numbers are noticeably better. I'll know more in a month!

281 - 288 of 288 Posts